Tired of Dry Lips?
Dry lips? To soothe and moisturize chapped lips, apply the following directly to the lips:
- Apply almond oil on your lips before going to bed to help lighten lips and reduce discoloration.
- You can also use a mixture of lemon or lime juice with almond oil and apply before going to bed to serve the same purpose.
- Cucumber: Use it to moisturize lips as it contains vitamins and minerals that improve and soothes lips’ appearance.
- Aloe vera: Gel found inside the leaves of aloe vera plants contains vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatories that soothe and rehydrate damaged skin.
Coconut oil: Made from coconuts flesh combats inflammation and is an emollient that soothes and softens the skin.
- Honey: Its highly moisturizing content makes it a good treatment for dry lips. It also contains antioxidants and antibacterial properties, which help prevent infections from developing in extremely dry or cracked lips.
- Green tea: Rich in antioxidants and minerals, green tea also contains polyphenols, which reduce inflammation. Soak a bag of green tea in warm water and gently rub it over the lips to soften and remove excess dry skin. This technique is more gentle than traditional exfoliation.