How to Manage Coronavirus at Home
By Karen Allen – GP Nurse in the United Kingdom, London, April 6, 2020
All we need to do, to beat coronavirus.
We need to take more of alkaline foods that are above the pH level of the Virus. The pH for coronavirus varies from 5.5 to 8.5.
A lot of recommendations on how to try to avoid getting coronavirus, in the first place, are flowing all over, but not much is available on how to manage the vial disease when it attacks. This article explains how to manage the killer virus.
To avoid the virus attack one needs to do the following;
• good hand washing
• personal hygiene
• social distancing
But what I have NOT seen a lot of is advice on what happens if you actually get Coronavirus, which many of us will. So as your friendly global conscious Nurse let me make some suggestions:
- If you get Covid-19 you basically just need to prepare as though you know you’re going to get a nasty respiratory bug, like bronchitis or pneumonia. You should therefore prepare with the foresight to know it might come your way!
- Things you should actually buy ahead of time (not sure what the obsession with toilet paper is apart from possibility of running stomach and body fluids discharge) are:
• Whatever your generic, mucus thinning “cough medicine” of choice is – say Good Morning Lung Tonic, Tonic, also recommended for soothing TB coughs, (check the label and make sure you’re not doubling up on Paracetamol).
• Honey and lemon can work just as well!
- • Vicks vapor rub for your chest is also a great suggestion.
• A humidifier would be a good thing to buy and use in your room when you go to bed overnight. You can also just turn the shower on hot and sit in the bathroom breathing in the hot steam – sauna style.
• If you have a history of asthma and you have a prescription inhaler, make sure the one you have isn’t expired and refill it/get a new one if necessary.
- Meals: This is also a good time for meal preparation:
- • Make a big batch of your favorite soup to freeze and have on hand.
• Hydrate (drink!) hydrate, hydrate!. Stock up on whatever your favorite clear fluids are to drink – though tap water is fine you may appreciate some variety!
- For symptom management and a fever over 38°c, take Paracetamol rather than Ibuprofen.
- How do you know you have coronavirus? 1. Itching in the throat, 2. Dry throat, 3. Dry cough. 4. High temperature 5. Shortness of breath
- So when you notice these things quickly take warm water with lemon and drink.
• Rest a lot. You should not be leaving your house! Even if you are feeling better you may still be infectious for fourteen days and older people and those with existing health conditions should be avoided!
• Wear gloves and a mask to avoid contaminating others in your house
• Isolate in your bedroom if not living alone, ask friends and family to leave supplies outside to avoid contact.
• Sanitize your bed linen and clothes frequently by washing and clean your bathroom with recommended sanitizers.
- All we need to do, to beat coronavirus. We need to take more of alkaline foods that are above the pH level of the Virus. This is to inform us all that the pH for coronavirus varies from 5.5 to 8.5.
- Some of fruits with higher pH are: Lemon – 9.9pH, Lime – 8.2pH, Avocado – 15.6pH, Garlic – 13.2pH, Mango – 8.7pH, Tangerine – 8.5pH, Pineapple 12.7pH, Dandelion – 22.7pH, Orange – 9.2pH.
- You DO NOT NEED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL unless you are having trouble breathing or your fever is very high (over 39°C) and unmanaged with medicines.
- Around 90% of healthy adult cases thus far have been managed at home with basic rest/hydration/over-the-counter medicines.
* If you are worried or in distress or feel your symptoms are getting a worse call for help on 719.
- Pre-existing risks: If you have a pre-existing lung condition (COPD, emphysema, lung cancer) or are on immunosuppressants, now is a great time to talk to your doctor or specialist about what they would like you to do if you get sick.
- Children: One major relief to your parents is that kids do VERY well with Coronavirus— they usually bounce back in a few days (but they will still be infectious), Just use pediatric dosing.
- Be calm and prepare rationally and everything will be fine.
- Please do not keep this information to yourself only. Pass it to all your family and friends. It can save lives. God bless you.
Do not run towards Coronavirus – you could end up in a body bag. Stay at home.